Tuesday, February 5, 2008

MY HEART REJOICES

Psalm 13:5-6
“But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord for he has been good to me.”


These two little verses say so much to me!

"I trust in your unfailing love." God’s love for us is so incredible, that he gave his only Son, Jesus, that if we believe in him, we will not perish but have ever lasting life (John 3:16). I don’t know about you, but I don’t think I would spare my only child’s life so others could live. That is a big sacrifice, but yet God, didn’t think about himself, but the love he has for us.

I get so tired of every time something goes wrong in this world, people are so quick to blame God. A mother chooses to kill her own children, automatically it’s God’s fault. A gang member robs a store and kills everyone in it so it's God’s fault. A relative sexually assaults a family member, so it’s God’s fault. God has created you, formed you, breathed life into your being and only wants the best for you as you would want for your own child. You are fearfully and wonderfully made – Psalm 139:13-16. He cares so much that he gave you a free will to chose your own eternity. You can either accept Jesus as your Lord and savior and allow your life to be changed for the good, and spend eternity walking on streets of gold, or you can chose to live your own life, just as you please and partake of the things in this world and spend eternity in the lake of fire, where your flesh will be burned off and will grow back, only to be burnt off again, and to continuously do this for all eternity. The choice is yours just like that mother chose to kill her children. No one forced her, it was her choice. Or the gang member who robbed the store. He chose to do that. His mamma didn’t chose that for him, he did that all by himself. Or the family member who sexually assaults a family member. That was their choice. Don’t blame God for what others do or for the mess you make of your own life because you have been given the gift of free will. God wants to spend an eternity with people who love him and want to be with him, not to have a heaven full of people he made serve him that's why we have free will.


"My heart rejoices in your salvation" - Life has not been a bed of roses for me, but I accepted Jesus as my Lord and savior. I’ve choose to serve him, love him and fellowship with him. I thank God each day for my salvation because it cost God very much and I don’t take lightly what Jesus did on that cross for me. If I was the only person on this earth, Jesus still would have died on that cross for me. No greater love will you ever experience in your life.

"I will sing to the Lord for he has been good to me." – God has been so good to me. He has allowed me to be involved in some incredible ministries; I have one of the best friends anyone could have – my husband Todd; I have a great dog who is a lot of fun and added so much to our lives – Judah; I have three incredible step-sons – Thomas, Taylor and Theodore; I have some wonderful family members and friends. God has blessed our life financially, delivered us from a mountain of debt; he has healed my body; and the list goes on and on. I have an incredible God and thank him each and everyday for all he has done in my heart and life. My cup is running over filled with joy and so appreciative of his goodness in my life! I will profess his salvation and his joy in my life till the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ!

My prayer is that many will find joy, happiness and completeness in Jesus!



No comments: