Saturday, February 2, 2008

POWERFUL PRAYER OF THE RIGHTEOUS

James 5:16…….”The prayer of a righteous man is powerful & effective.”
So many times people say “my prayers are never answered” or “I pray and nothing changes.” Well, there are many reasons why our prayers are not answered but I’m not going to explore them at this time. What I am going to say is the prayers of a righteous man are powerful and effective as it tells us in James. When you’re living a righteous life, a life that is morally upright, without guilt or sin, your prayers are POWERFUL. You will be able to look at that mountain in your life and say, mountain be thou removed.
(Matthew 21:21 - Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this [which is done] to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.)

I remember as a new Christian, I had no clue what to pray about or how to even say it. So I would go to prayer meetings and listen to how people prayed. But as I grew in the knowledge of the Lord and the Word, I developed my prayer life. Being a “veteran” Christian, I still have much to learn but I also have learned much. I know that there is a God that is listening to each my prayers and he answers them.

We are living in the last days, the final hours and the scoffers are rising up, even in the Church. People don’t believe it even though the signs are all around us. Here me now people – Jesus is coming quickly!!!! It may be in the next few hours or in the next few years, but he is coming. Read the newspaper, read the news on the internet, see what is happening in the world around us, and read the Word and see how it all falls into place. You can live in denial, but I refuse. I am going to go forth, I am going to preach the Word, and I’m going to bring healing to so many lost souls.

Prayer – Prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. Pray for your loved ones who have never accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior. Pray for your family members who need healing and believe for that healing. Pray for your brothers and sisters in Christ, so that they may stand against the evil one. Pray, pray, pray!!!!

No comments: